Travellers to Hawaii go for sun, sand, and surf, but increasingly leave the beach for part of their stay to explore the islands' incredible natural attractions: stunning mountain scenery, wonderful hiking trails, glimpses of birds--many of them highly endangered--that occur nowhere else on Earth. In this book is all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about Hawaii's unique land animals and magnificent sea life.
- Identification and location information on the most frequently seen animals, including essentially every bird species that occurs in the main Hawaiian Islands (and on Midway Atoll)
- Color illustrations of nearly 400 of Hawaii's most common insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals
- Up-to-date information on the ecology, behavior, and conservation of profiled animals
- Information on Hawaiian habitats and on the most common plants visitors encounter
- A section on Hawaii's famous coral reefs and on the underwater animals most snorkelers and divers actually see
- Brief descriptions of Hawaii's most frequently visited parks and reserves
Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated--you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
- Publisher : Interlink Publishing Group; Illustrated edition (October 1, 2005)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 404 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1566566134
- ISBN-13 : 978-1566566131
- Item Weight : 1.9 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.8 x 1.05 x 8.7 inches