Join the family, or ohana, as they farm taro for poi to prepare for a traditional luau celebration with a poetic text in the style of The House That Jack Built.
An American Library Association Notable Children's Book
This is the land that's never been sold, where work the hands, so wise and old, that reach through the water, clear and cold, into the mud to pick the taro to make the poi for our ohana's luau.
Acclaimed illustrator and animator Kenard Pak's light-filled, dramatic illustrations pair exquisitely with Ilima Loomis' text to celebrate Hawaiian land and culture.
The backmatter includes a glossary of Hawaiian terms used, as well as an author's note.
- Publisher : Neal Porter Books; Illustrated edition (February 4, 2020)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 40 pages
- Reading age : 4 - 8 years
- Grade level : Preschool - 3
- Item Weight : 15.6 ounces
- Dimensions : 10.34 x 0.35 x 10.32 inches
- ISBN-13 : 978-0823443260